20-year Broadlands flood alleviation scheme
BAM Nuttall is the first contractor to be awarded a 20-year flood alleviation scheme.
Delivering design, construction, and maintenance to improve flood defences on the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads, the work protects the local coastline and communities.
The multiple project reams have adopted a ‘one team’ approach, working alongside each other in a collocated office, forming strong, collaborative relationships.
- Four times winner of Gold Award – Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents
- Twice awarded Considerate Constructors Scheme, Silver
- 2011 – British Construction Industry – Environment Award
- 2009 – Campaign for Protection of Rural England, Award winner Water Quality & Silt Mgmt.
- 2005 – Contract Journal Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) Award –Judges' comment: ‘There was tons of evidence of all the right things –investment in training and development, health and safety and partnering. The detail provided was exemplary.’
- The Royal Academy of Engineering PPP/PFI Award
- Engineering Education Scheme Award