University of the Arts
At the 67 acre King’s Cross development we refurbished the 1852 Eastern Goods Yard: the Grade II listed Granary Building, Train Assembly Shed, and Eastern and Western Transit Sheds (ETS, WTS). Their industrial history required strong working relationships with local authorities, English Heritage and an on-site team of archaeologists. We converted the Granary Building and ETS into the University of the Arts London and WTS became offices and shops. We built a campus at Granary building, with design workshops and a cantilevered theatre. Extensive landscaping created the impressive Granary Square.